or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mschleef shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminJacob (Founder, Cost Split) responded  · 

I will investigate the possibility of categories. But I always try to keep the app as simple as possible, and I’m not sure if categories is that important for the majority.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You’ve had a whole lot of requests for it. When are you going to make it happen? We travel a lot, and it sure would help with budgeting. Love the app!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have the ability to assign an expense to a category. I use this with my boyfriend to split household costs. It would be nice to use it to track categories of expenses.

Love the app anyways
        Christine

Category is very important for tracking trip costs! As the single app we use to track spending, not knowing how our costs break down is really frustrating.

Re typeahead: people enter the same type of expense repeatedly (eg train ticket) and also need to differentiate each expense (train ticket for Tokyo-Kyoto). This data has to be separate - why provide a typeahead in the description when each description has to contain both types of info and is therefore always unique?

• Sandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OH, my boyfriend and I share the same household and uses the app instead of sharing a bank account. But we really see the need of category! Plenty of our friends say the same thing. You can do it as an extra premium level to buy?

Hi Jacob,
        I do understand your comment about keeping the App as simple as possible. Is it maby an idea to make a on/off switch for the category? People can make their own choice either they want to use the category or not.
        I sure hope that you will consider this option.
        Best regards and thank you for such. Nice useful App.
        Grtz,
        John

costsplit@adamant.nl

• Mr universum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it is, because after a trip its important to know what I spent for food, transportation, enternainment etc....please add the possibility to add custom categories.

Feedback and Knowledge Base